Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Who said Metal is Dead!?

Hey, I just picked up some fresh tunes.

Mastodon: Blood Mountain and Trivium: The Crusade. It's nice to know there is still some great metal being put out there today.

Mastodon's Blood Mountain is my first taste of the mighty Mastodon. Rich, Thick, Heavy tones with a slightly vintage sound and a kick ass drummer. Immedately I found my self immersed in the music. I have not taken a look at the lyrics yet but I've always grooved on the tunes more than the message.
These guys like to rip it up with some aggressive riffs and then take a chill with some "stoner metal" type of tangents. Definately diverse and cool. After listening to Blood Mountain I immediately went out with new gift card in hand to find there prior release Leviathan. I did'nt find it today so hopefully tomorrow.

Check them out at Mastodon

Trivium: The Crusade is progressive metal at it's finest. Definately a clean crisp production with wicked guitar licks and screaming solo's. Definately a technical guitar players type of album. Vocals are edgy with some great melodies thrown in. These guys are sick musicians. Again, I have not read the lyrics yet. I'm sure they'll get there point across. Trivium reminds me of Megadeth, Fates Warning, and Dream Theater all thrown into a blender, which is a good thing. The Crusade offers a crisp, punchy, melodic, type of feel. Oh, yes, aggressive. Great stuff.
All in all, two great cd's worth the whatever I paid for them. $15 buck each or something like that.

Check Trivium out Trivium

One thing I forgot to mention. After checking out there web sites it's clear to me both of these bands live for playing live. I've heard they put on a great live show so check them out. I know I will.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home